Monday, March 22, 2010

More playing with new supplies


I've title this ATC "Itinerant Musician" . I got the idea for it from my watercolor a day calendar which Santa gave me for Christmas. My intent was to paint the daily lesson, every day. But the paper is too light to hold much water and I find I really like to do my own thing. So I occasionally pull the calendar out and set it to the correct date. In doing that this time I came across a painting like the one above, I think it was by Matisse, but now I can't find it in the calendar pages so I'm not sure. Anyway, my ATC is a knockoff of somebody elses painting.

But that isn't the point I want to make here! The other day when SBD and I were out and about she bought me a set of gouache paints and this is the first time I've used them. I found a clean palette which closes that is perfect for gouache and I was home alone so had the peace and quiete to work and 'Itinerant" is the result. I love the vibrant colors. I diluted the paint more than I had intended so it is like watercolor, well, it is watercolor - but opaque. Next time I intend to use it thicker so it is more like oil paint. Check back to see what happens!

No comments: