Monday, March 29, 2010

Birdie's new coif

Here is Birdie's new do! It is pretty cute if I do say so myself. She traveled with me and #2 daughter to So Cal this evening. We stopped for dinner at guess where!

I came down to visit Mom and take her to the aforementioned baby shower. Pregnant pictures will follow soon.

So I am comfortably ensconced in #2s guest room - big comfy bed all to myself (no dog, cat, books, magazines, computer or sewing machine case to share with), lots of pillows, quiet and I can't sleep!

While making the baby quilt - a fairly mindless activity - I thought up four new quilt ideas! I know, that is not allowed this year as my New Year resolution was to finish all UFOs! Well, the baby quilt broke that rule without much fuss. I didn't resolve not to think of new quilts! So, because I can't sleep, I got out my purse sketchbook and pink pen and drew pictures of them and made notes to remind me what I want to do and what I need to know to do them. I even brought my 1000 Quilt Blocks book with me for research purposes!

I'm not buying fabric, cutting or sewing so I am being true to my resolution. Geez - it is only the end of March and I'm ready to go for something new. Maybe working on my very oldest UFO will feel new and satisfy my craving for different!

No comments: