Saturday, April 3, 2010

Beautiful California


Driving home from LALA Land is a mixed blessing. Airport waiting in line and security
hassles are avoided in exchange for traffic, a radio station I want to listen to and beautiful scenery. Also, my mom doesn't have to drive home from Burbank on the treacherous Hwy 5 all by herself. It really is a no-brainer. And it costs a little less, too.

I was busy as a bee while in LALA Land. From the moment I arrived until the night before I left I ran Mom around constantly. The highlight, of course, was the baby shower. Another good part was the food. We ate at Chilis (very poor service but good food), Mom's church for Lenten Fish Fry (really good food - the fish was delicious) and Black Angus. We arrived at Black Angus about 4 p.m. and had the place to ourselves. It was the first time either of us had been there and to celebrate that the wait person brought us some fried zucchini. That was really good. We each ordered a sandwich and didn't eat the bread. Mom had filet mignon and I had roast beast with peppers and onions. I substituted sweet potato fries for french fries. They were good but not as good as the ones I make at home! Better than FFs, though.

The picture above is inspiration for a quilt. The colors speak to me. I don't want to do a pictorial quilt - but a color series would be a lot of fun. I took lots of pictures at sunset on the way home and will work it into something soon.

No comments: