Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Mother's Day


Well, thanks a bunch Hallmark! Mother's Day is coming up and the gift I made at A Work of Heart what seems like months ago, still sits at the shop because I am down at my mother's taking care of her after her fall (see April 21 blog entry).

Mom needs constant attention to prevent another fall. She is actually doing very well with an occasional lapse. But it is the lapses we have to watch out for. She has always done so much at the fastest speed possible that relearning her behavior is hard.

Anyway, on to the picture above. Mom has always loved word games - crossword puzzles, Scrabble, and Upwords among others. This bauble is an "F" (for her first name) Scrabble tile.

On the back of the tile I inked and stamped the design and after it dried, poured clear acrylic (?) on the top. The reason this piece is still at the shop is because it then had to set overnight. The shop is in San Jose, CA 45 miles from where I live.

So, for this Hallmark holiday, I have no gift for my mom!

No comments: