Thursday, February 25, 2010

2010 ATCs #4


After thinking about Diego Rivera and Frida Khalo Edvard Munch came to mind. This is the result - my version of "The Scream". Once again I used the Prismacolor pens. In looking this drawing over I see a bit of VanGogh's "Starry Starry Night" in it, too. Maybe that will be my next attempt.

I have a file in MyPictures called 'Inspiration'. The problem with it is that I never look at it after I have taken the picture! What is that about? Partly, I think, is that I usually draw these little guys when I am away from my computer, usually away from home, with a few minutes of time free. I find that when I am with the computer, I am playing games on it! I know it is a waste of time, but I tell myself that it keeps my mind busy. My current favorite game is 'Bookworm'.


Today, on BART, I sat next to a young man with a really nice portfolio so I struck up a conversation. We talked about where we went to school and I asked him if he knew about ATCs. He didn't so I pulled mine out of my purse and showed him and the lady (no relation) next to him. He gave me the name of a gallery that might want to exhibit them! So tomorrow I am calling that gallery. Anybody have drawn ATCs that you would like to exhibit? Maybe we can get a show up and wouldn't that be fun!


No comments: