Friday, January 8, 2010

Fringy blanket #3



This is the first time I've tried to put two pictures on my post and I see that I have something to learn. The big guy will like it however, as in trying to move the second picture around I made him tall and slim. Looks good, don't you think?!

Be that as it may, here is the third in the Fringy blanket series I have been working on. They have made nice presents. This one is for my favorite Cal fan so of course it is blue and gold (really yellow but ...). It is the biggest of the ones I have made and I tied the fringe differently so it seems to lay a little better. I have the fabric to make one more but have not started on it yet.


I started working on my UFO stack this week. Will post a picture this week. It is an old quilt that needs repair that must be done by hand. I replaced one patch. Found that hand sewing doesn't make for happy hands. On the bright side, I had lunch with my quilt buddy on Wednesday. Two hours of talking mostly about quilting is my idea of fun! Buddy said my UFO resolution made her examine her UFO stack. She won! There are forty in her stack. In discussing her stack she said some were kits she hadn't even opened. Those, I comented, don't count - sell them on e-bay!

Along the same vein, I'm hoping to go to the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles with two girlfriends tomorrow. Will give an update later if I do.

No comments: