Saturday, November 7, 2009

Subliminal scribbling

 



It always pays to let a drawing, or doodle in this case, rest for a while before deciding what to do with it. This one, like the previous doodle I blogged, is in my journal/sketchbook and was done in another meeting where we live/work. I was quite surprised when I looked back at it. It has an ominous feel to it in spite of the bright colors and loose drawing. As I often do when I don't want anyone to be able to read my journaling I've written on this page in a screwy manner and even I can't read it so don't know why the image became ominous. Subliminal scribbling, I guess. Perhaps comparing it to the minutes of the meeting would give me a clue! I have another meeting to go to tomorrow morning. It will be interesting to see what doodles come out of that meeting.
When I becan this journal/sketchbook, I dated it. It was begun in November of 2008. I would like to fill this one up by the end of November - am working on it but think hurrying makes it less than it could be. Or maybe hurrying will prevent me from putting too much thought into the doodles and something wonderful will come of them.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jaye said...

The more doodles you make the better chance you have of one of them being fabulous. Not that all of your art isn't fabulous!