Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Television and movies

I haven't really watched much TV in the past 20 years.  Staying with my nephew in Santa Barbara has changed that! When he is home the TV is on.

One of the things he enjoys are old movies.  Understand that he is 16 so old is from his perspective, not mine!

His choice of movies is really good.  The other night we watched The Shawshank Redemption.  And throughout, discussed what was going on.

Adults think teens are toughtless and shallow.  I have not found that in my experiences with teens of my acquaintance.  Particularly my nephew and my teen friend in San Anselmo.  Nephew asks good questions, and thinks deeply about things.

Last night we watched Se7en with Morgan Freeman and a young man I don't know.  The theme was the 7 deadly sins.  I was surprised that nephew even was aware of the 7 deadly sins as he has no religious background to speak of.

Again, his comments and questions were excellent and watching this movie with him was a good experience.

Last week we went to see The Adjustment Bureau, another excellent movie.  It had action, romance and a message.  We have discussed it off and on ever since seeing it.  I recommend it.

No comments: