Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Tutorial Glutton

I made "At The Farm" in a MNAG class with Gwen Marsten eons ago.  

Neither of the pictures in this post are related to the post! Decorative only (coludn't post without pictures!).

I recently started watching tutorials by the Missouri Star Quilt Company ( https://www.youtube.com/user/MissouriQuiltCo I  love all the different quilts Jenny makes and how simple they are.

My current two favs are the foundation pieced Spider Web quilt and the disappearing four patch.

I tried to put the pictures in but can't lift them from MSQC's website. Go there to look at them!

Jenny uses a lot of precuts. That makes the prep for one's quilt so much faster - not much cutting! That being said, the spiderweb quilt is a stash buster so I would use my scraps instead of buy a charm pack. I would purchase her foundation piecing paper as the pack comes with about 250 pieces and appears to be quite easy to remove from the completed patch.

This has been a short and sweet post. I have to close and go watch MSQC's tutorial on pillowcases. Want to make some for a wedding present.

    This is a Christmas quilt I designed for aetquiltmaker about 13 years ago

No comments: