Saturday, January 18, 2014

Inspired by Artquiltmaker

After reading artquiltmaker's blog this week I was inspired too push myself, quilting-wise. Here is a run down of  what I accomplished since Monday:

Strips cut for the 2 1/2 x 12 1/2 pieces for the scrapitude mystery quilt

5 1/4 squares (64) cut for mystery quilt

32 mystery quilt two patches sewn  -  sorry, no pictures.



Blocks Birthday Blooms block of the month (2013) quilt together, border and binding fabric chosen and purchased

Shoo Butterfly blocks finished





  •  

Trial  "Grandma's Star" nifty nine patch block of the month completed




Blocks for donation quilt complete.





Went to my first mini-group meeting Thursday. We made a Sawtooth Star and a Friendship Star using a technique that keeps all the pieces parts together while sewing. Pretty neat!








All in all a productive week.

I also raked leaves and vacumned half the house!

4 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW!!! You accomplished a lot. Good work!

mckittycat said...

Amazing - you sure have managed to complete lots! Mary Ann

Carole Ann Wool said...

That is quite a list for one week! I am glad you are joining Scrapitude, Mary. I have done two! Once the initial fabric is cut, the pieces go together quickly and give great satisfaction!

Scooquilt said...

You've been very busy (please don't look at my house...)! My favorite is the Grandma's Star. Great fabrics and colors! You'll like Scrapitude once the cutting is done!