Sunday, August 9, 2020

Silk!

 Posted just now and realized I forgot the silk part! Since the pandemic began I have been making masks. Recently I read an updated report on home made masks and their efficacy.  The newest data says three layers are preferred, silk, chiffon and cotton.  I happen to have (big surprise!) a supply of silk.  Since the silk quilt I have been saving it for won't come up on the list until I'm about one hundred years old I have decided to use it for masks.  I also happen to have about ten yards of chiffon which I was going to make curtains out of (also way down on the list)  and an endless supply of quilting cotton I am set to go on the masks.

Picture and update later.

1 comment:

Jaye said...

I didn't realize that the three layers would work better. Perhaps I'll put some interfacing in mine. I can't see myself making silk masks.